Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

Hi....I have not used bing in a while (shame on me) for seaching and have forgotten a bit.

Why doesn't this string work?

(intitle:resume OR intitle:cv OR intitle:vitae OR inurl:resume OR inurl:cv OR inurl:vitae) "software test" hardware  –job –sample –consulting

Thank you for your help.

MaryJane

Views: 486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bing doesn't have the inurl: operator.

I don't believe the command 'inurl' is accepted in Bing. But it does like just 'URL' - I got results w/the following string:

intitle:resume OR intitle:cv OR intitle:vitae OR url:resume OR url:cv OR url:vitae) "software test" hardware -job -sample -consulting

You could also use this command:

instreamset:(url title) resume OR cv OR vitae etc...

Gary

Gary,

I know we all want the inurl function, and we all agree that the Bing documentation is pretty awful...

Just url: means something different on Bing. Bing doesn't support the inurl: functionality. The instreamset initially had a documentation flaw; it wouldn't provide the inurl: function either.

Take a look:

http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/search/archive/2007/03/2...

Thanks for the clarification, Irina!

That link you gave above is quite dated  - maybe they enabled instreamset now. I believe the latest list of Bing's operators you had sent a link to (http://booleanstrings.ning.com/forum/topics/bing-operators) lists both the url & instreamset functions-

Hello everybody!

I would also have a question concerning Bing. How can we search on Linkedin profiles from a specific country using Bing? 

I am searching for people in Slovak Republic / Slovakia. I tried to use instreamset:(url title):sk operator (on linkedin it works: inurl:sk) but it didn't work for me. I've also tried to use loc:slovakia, but still I had no results. 

Thank you,

Iulia

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

Arron Z. Daniels updated their profile
15 hours ago
Heidi Kay posted a discussion
19 hours ago
Profile IconHeidi Kay, Brian Scott Finnegan, Terry Welsh and 1 more joined Boolean Strings Network
20 hours ago
S Burke is now friends with Mark Pass and Scott MacNaughton
20 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Irina Shamaeva.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service