Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

Hi BSN members...
This week I underwent a transition. I mean, earlier I was working only on IT requirements, for the clients looking for IT candidates, but now I am working on non-IT requisitions, for positions ranging from technician to PM's.
Please suggest that is there any specific tecnique I need to learn.
Also, I am seeking a tool for TITLE synonym search. Please suggest.

Thanks
MG

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Manish,

The synonym search in Google is represented by using the tilde symbol (~). Just insert that before the title words such as ~prgrammer, etc.
Gary,
Thanks for the note. Actually I follow the discussions here in BSN, and have been using Tilde (~) for the synonym search on Google. Also, I use Google synonym search tool to look for alternate words/titles.
But as I bank too much on the paid job sites (CB/Monster/Dice) as well for sourcing the resumes, I was looking for any tool which can suggest similar job titles for any given job title, coz Tilde symbol does not run on the job boards. I tried using Thesaurus and also Onetcodeconnector.org, but was not successful as I did not know how to use it.
Again, I mentioned in the discussion, I am very comfortable working with IT requisitions and willing to learn the techniques of writing search strings for non-IT positions. Any suggestions on this will be of great help to me.

Thanks
MG

gary cozin said:
Manish,

The synonym search in Google is represented by using the tilde symbol (~). Just insert that before the title words such as ~prgrammer, etc.
Manish,

You may also want to start out with Broadlook's Title Research tool. It's a good place to start and then you can refine your titles from there. It is a desktop application and is completely free. I have it installed and it can be helpful. Although, I don't see the download link on the website anymore so you may have to email or call to get the free copy.

http://www.broadlook.com/products/titleresearch

Good luck!
:-( It is no more available for free Adam, I think. I am using their Contact Capture tool, otherwise it would have been of great help.
Hope I will pick up soon. BTW I have started playing with the key-words and it's working!

Thanks
MG

Adam Wiedmer said:
Manish,

You may also want to start out with Broadlook's Title Research tool. It's a good place to start and then you can refine your titles from there. It is a desktop application and is completely free. I have it installed and it can be helpful. Although, I don't see the download link on the website anymore so you may have to email or call to get the free copy.

http://www.broadlook.com/products/titleresearch

Good luck!
Try Google Sets.... http://labs.google.com/sets
Give it a word and it will give you a list of related terms. Great for building knowledge around a new industry. Beware - it does gove some strange things sometimes, but usually, most of the results are great...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

Ewa Pachniewska updated their profile
yesterday
Ewa Pachniewska is now a member of Boolean Strings Network
yesterday
Ryan Charles is now a member of Boolean Strings Network
Monday
Dave Galley updated an event
Thumbnail

Become A Custom Search Engines Expert - Lecture & Workshop - October 15th & 16th at Online

October 15, 2019 at 9am to October 16, 2019 at 10:30am
Monday

© 2019   Created by Irina Shamaeva.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service