Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

Per our LinkedIn Group Discussion:

You are welcome to share your search strings here! Any and all suggestions on how to organize this are welcome. 

Please note: let's keep the comments to this discussion outside-links free. 

Actually, here's a slight correction: please feel free to post links to your searches.

ALSO: Let's keep this post questions-free. If you are looking for help please start a new forum post.

Thanks! :)

Views: 52715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Water Purification industry boolean

jacobs OR "bosch water" OR "diesel water" OR "veolia Water" OR "siemens Water" OR "ge water" OR "g.e. water" OR "general electric water" OR "christ aqua" OR christaqua OR bwt OR "b.w.t." OR stilmas OR  OR "oliver m dean" OR "oliver dean" OR "oliver m. dean" OR rodem OR qualtech  OR transmarket OR alltech OR "larry marsh" OR dsi OR "d.s.i." OR crb OR "c.r.b." OR "flour daniels" OR aquafine OR trojan OR hannovia OR weddco OR "advanced uv" OR "advanced uv"

This is the recent string I am using but I keep on modifying it.

site:linkedin.com (inurl:in OR inurl:pub) ("Mobile Advertising" | NFC | "mobile technologies" | "Mobile commerce" | mportal | "Mobile Product" | "Mobile device") -intitle:directory -inurl:dir -inurl:jobs india “Location * San Francisco bay area”

This is what I just cant live without today. Helps you when 'LinkedIn only' is not sufficient enough.

"candidate's name" -intitle:linkedin

here's one for and SEO DIrector.

Sometimes I use the AND/OR then delete them methodically to see how the results cahnge

"SEO" AND "SEM" AND "landing pages" AND  "customer acquisition" AND " analysis" "strategy" AND/OR "buying process" AND/OR " product positioning" AND/OR " profitability"  "strategy"  

I am curious, those of you that have submitted Strings with just the <keywords> and the "AND" or "OR" do you get results as resumes, or sites such as linkedIn or others. Not being an expert at this I would have thought you needed the "intitle" or "inurl" parts to better target candidates. Or am I too new to know what to look for.

It's whatever works for you. I believe that sourcing is like a detective putting together the clues.  You can use the intitle: or inurl: commands but it's a different kind of search in comparison to filetype:  in regard to the desired results.  Candidates can be anywhere, so looking for just resumes is going to limit your search.  Looking for profiles, or user accounts with tidbits of good info (your keywords) is another kind of search.  

I equate it to looking for your car keys.  They could be anywhere, so let's not rule anything out. Resumes are either there or they aren't.  Try looking at anywhere that has a large user base and do some url harvesting. 

Here is a good one for searching for recruiters/ sourcers

site:bullhornreach.com/user (location)

Norm Lacroix said:

I am curious, those of you that have submitted Strings with just the <keywords> and the "AND" or "OR" do you get results as resumes, or sites such as linkedIn or others. Not being an expert at this I would have thought you needed the "intitle" or "inurl" parts to better target candidates. Or am I too new to know what to look for.

If i am looking for a site manager i will use the below, i change the location when required but they nelow is used every time and works well. You may want to add to it with additional project specs such as hospitals, schools, housing etc

(site OR "site project" OR "site/project" OR construction OR building OR package OR Build) AND (manager OR agent OR mgr OR coordinator OR "co ordinator" OR "co-ordinator" OR manger)

When searching for Web Designers / Developers, and the client wants to see an online portfolio, I use some combination of the below (+/- a couple terms ie PHP, Flash, Adobe etc... depending on the req). For these types of folks, I've generally found job boards to be useless. 

(intitle:portfolio OR intitle:resume OR intitle:CV OR intitle:vitae OR filetype:pdf OR filetype:doc OR filetype:docx) <city> *HTML* "CSS" javascript design* -job -apply -submit

Living in Orange County, CA, I was needing to target a certain demographic for a very specific role in healthcare. This string was what sparked my obsession with strings. I then started to manipulate it in every way to make it work for what I needed across all websites.

site:linkedin.com (masters| social work| fluent Vietnamese| viet) "MSW "location * Orange County area" "people you know"

Thank you to everybody, I learn so much everyday. "Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance - Will Durant 

I'm looking for a National Sales Manager (leadership, managing people, not just sales) in Denver in the cosmeceutical industry. Needle in a haystack!

Can someone help me tweak my string for a google search? I'm looking for systems engineers in the Maryland area.. Actually I would really like to see resumes within 10 miles of zip code 20850 but that was not working for me either.  Thanks for any help you can send my way!

inurl:resume-jobs-job-sample-samples-"resume service" AND Windows AND cluster* AND "system engineer" AND vmware AND powershell AND Maryland

@Benjamin, Well organized! I probably have as many if not more and I have mine in Excel as mentioned and I have about 10 tabs with various amounts of strings. Hope you don't mind but I now have your collection on it's own tab and when I have a spare moment I will review to see if I can't glean some favorites for my use.

Thanks for sharing

--Norm

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

Casey Christensen is now a member of Boolean Strings Network
13 hours ago
Milos Rokvic is attending Theresa Cromie's event
Thumbnail

Three-Day Tech Sourcing Bootcamp at Online

March 26, 2024 from 8am to 9am