Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

Help with Google searching. It says too many queries.

PLEASE HELP. Everytime I start using a search string like: email* **domain.com my servers IP address gets banned after a few queries - Google starts returning a 404 page saying something like "It appears you are using an automated system to query Google, which breaks Googles TOS.

Is there a way around this?  I even sent them my ip address.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure - but the correct way is to enter it like this: "email * * domain.com" (with quotes and a space before, between and after the *). And of course replacing 'domain' in your string with the actual domain you are searching for. Just guessing Google senses the way you have it above as an error-

I don't get any errors & works every time for me-

Gary
Okay, let me try try it. Do you ever add a persons last name to try and narrow it down? If so would it be like this: "*email *last name*Domain.com"
Gary, is this correct: "*email * *catapulttechnology.com"
Iif not could help me correct it. Believe me I am computer literate. LoL.

gary cozin said:
Not sure - but the correct way is to enter it like this: "email * * domain.com" (with quotes and a space before, between and after the *). And of course replacing 'domain' in your string with the actual domain you are searching for. Just guessing Google senses the way you have it above as an error-

I don't get any errors & works every time for me-

Gary
George - All you needed to do was cut/paste what I indicated above into Google: "email * * catapulttechnology.com" of course substituting catapulttechnology for domain. When I ran that in Google it showed emails in the results as firstname.lastname@catapulttechnology.com - so that is the format. Put the persons name you are trying to find in as firstname.lastname@catapulttechnology.com example: john.doe@catapulttechnology.com

Also - at the top of the Main page on this group is a link to Irina's "email address search engine" which does it automatically for you - there are also a host of other products - chk out eGrabber.com, broadlook.com, referyes.com & others
Thanks again. I really appreciate it. I specialize in the federal space and finding people could be a real challenge.
Is there a way or place to save these boolean strings so you don't need to type them in all the time?
Save them in a Word document or NotePad, etc or other

George Genel said:
Is there a way or place to save these boolean strings so you don't need to type them in all the time?
George,

Depending on what tools or browsers you use, there are ways to create automatic search templates. You can create bookmarklets for your browser, or there are tools/add-ons for Firefox & Chrome that may help.

Here is one way to do it on Internet Explorer 7. There are other variations of this too.
http://www.slideshare.net/awiedmer/add-search-templates-to-internet...

Hope this helps!

George Genel said:
Thanks, I appreciate it. I use a browser called Maxthon 2. It's the best I have ever used.
George

Any bookmarklet tool can assist you with saving your strings; but I would encourage you to practice and get an appreciation for how the string was constructed so you can create your own.

Best Wishes
Thanks Regina. I will look into it. I used to have a research associate do the searches for me but she left so I am doing them myself and am getting busy so it's a pain. I need another research associate.

Regina Farr said:
George

Any bookmarklet tool can assist you with saving your strings; but I would encourage you to practice and get an appreciation for how the string was constructed so you can create your own.

Best Wishes

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

Casey Christensen is now a member of Boolean Strings Network
yesterday
Milos Rokvic is attending Theresa Cromie's event
Thumbnail

Three-Day Tech Sourcing Bootcamp at Online

March 26, 2024 from 8am to 9am
Mar 21