I am actively into sourcing Sr. DevOps Engineer with AWS experience in Chicago, IL for my direct client. If interested please shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-598-4444 ext. 8809. if you are not looking for change please refer your friend who are interested.
Below are the job description.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
3 Months contract with possible extension
The team develops massive real-time event processing and Big Data analytical systems in a data streaming environment. In this role, the successful candidate will be participating in and supporting all stages of the release process and production support in an Agile environment.
In this role the successful candidate will work with software developers to ensure successful development and deployment of key system components and solutions overall. As a DevOps Engineer, this role will have a breadth of knowledge and success in conducting planning, deployment, and automation as well as the ability to comprehend requirements, complete work in a timely manner and communicate information effectively.
· Work with Release Manager and development teams to deploy software releases.
· Work development teams to ensure appliations comply with operational Non-Functional Requirements
· Develop release approach using automated deployment techniques.
· Conduct internal Integration testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability.
· Run smoke tests wherever necessary.
· Log defects as needed and participate in triage process.
· Analyze root causes of issues and provide corrective actions.
· Conduct job trainings and provide assistance to other DevOps Engineers as needed.
· Suggest new tools and techniques to improve deployment efficiency.
· Review and recommend improvements to existing procedures and processes.
· Manage Cloud infrastructure services and accounts
· Provide 24X7 support on a rotating basis
• 5+ years of experience in cloud computing like Amazon Web Services
• 3+ years of experience in deploying J2EE applications in Tomcat, JBoss etc.
• Working knowledge of RESTful APIs , XML, JSON, network programming and message exchange systems using tools like SoapUI, etc.
• Must be a team player, should be able to get along well with others
• Great communication skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements)
• Scrum model
• Knowledge of deploying large and complex systems
• Knowledge of configuration management tools including Puppet and Chef
• Knowledge of metadata management tools
• Knowledge of automated health-check scripts to verify new environments are running healthy, including Nagios
• Knowledge of Jenkins/Electric Commander or another continuous integration and release management tools
• Good knowledge of SCM tools including Git, subversion
• Knowledge of build automation tools e.g. maven, ant, gradle
• Knowledge of one or more scripting languages e.g. python, ruby, groovy
• Knowledge of log indexing tools like Splunk
• Proficiency in working in Unix/Linux environment
• Proficiency in Docker