Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

I have been looking for a sr. web developer and I have not come up with much. I have tried x-raying linkedin as well as using the intitle:resume search string on google. Any additional thoughts? The following are the requirements:
> web portal development
> web architecture based on LAMP
> experience with AJAX, SQL and knowledge of C/C++
> 10 years of experience in software and application development, recent experience in a design technical role and for a high traffic web portal.
Located in Reston, Va

Also, I just received a request to find an Alumni Director for a college who would be responsible for building membership-no fundraising. Located in the DC area. Any ideas on a search string?

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karen-

Quite a few requirements! You may want to relax the requirements. I used the following string and it did bring back about 5 results. I didn't include SQL since LAMP includes it ( LAMP = Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python)

site:www.linkedin.com developer lamp ajax c "c++" "washington D.C. metro area" -intitle:directory -inurl:updates -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers

You should be able to network for more from the results if you need to-

Hope this helps-

Gary
here's a string that I would start with for the alumni director, use this on Google --
inurl:.edu (Maryland|Virginia|"*, D.C."|"*, VA") (20001..22334|703|202|571|301|240) (intitle:"Alumni Director"|intitle:"Alumni * Director"|"Alumni Director")

-kameron
gary cozin said:
Karen-

Quite a few requirements! You may want to relax the requirements. I used the following string and it did bring back about 5 results. I didn't include SQL since LAMP includes it ( LAMP = Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python)

site:www.linkedin.com developer lamp ajax c "c++" "washington D.C. metro area" -intitle:directory -inurl:updates -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers

You should be able to network for more from the results if you need to-

Hope this helps-

Gary
only searching for LAMP in your string will dramatically limit your results, as many technical professionals may not list LAMP in place of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP/Perl/Python. In my opinion, you should search for:

LAMP OR (Linux Apache MySQL OR SQL PHP OR Perl OR Python)

Karen Sadowski said:
gary cozin said:
Karen-

Quite a few requirements! You may want to relax the requirements. I used the following string and it did bring back about 5 results. I didn't include SQL since LAMP includes it ( LAMP = Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python)

site:www.linkedin.com developer lamp ajax c "c++" "washington D.C. metro area" -intitle:directory -inurl:updates -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers

You should be able to network for more from the results if you need to-

Hope this helps-

Gary
Good point, Peter - however, based on the specs she gave, it shows they must have 'all' the requirements - therefore I usually suggest 'playing' around with the key words - she can have them all strung out as you indicated w/o the 'OR's if she needs all of them-

Peter Henkle said:
only searching for LAMP in your string will dramatically limit your results, as many technical professionals may not list LAMP in place of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP/Perl/Python. In my opinion, you should search for:

LAMP OR (Linux Apache MySQL OR SQL PHP OR Perl OR Python)

Karen Sadowski said:
gary cozin said:
Karen-

Quite a few requirements! You may want to relax the requirements. I used the following string and it did bring back about 5 results. I didn't include SQL since LAMP includes it ( LAMP = Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python)

site:www.linkedin.com developer lamp ajax c "c++" "washington D.C. metro area" -intitle:directory -inurl:updates -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers

You should be able to network for more from the results if you need to-

Hope this helps-

Gary
Hi Karen,,

Forward the requirement to my email id = mohan.raj@alliedgroups.com

I will help you with the resumes.

Regards
Mohanraj
Hi Karen,

You may try this key on Google it will reflect some result and please keep make changes for mining maximum result.

Ajax (Perl (| PHP) (| Python) | LAMP) (Myqsl | my sql | sql) (intitle:resume | inurl:resume) -submit -apply -free -sample -samples -eoe -job -jobs -”resume service” 98001..99403 (WA | Washington)


Please let me know your feedback on my key...

Happy sourcing...

Regards
Paul.Manick
Hi Karen,

Try this Search String

Doc:Resume OR CV AND (("software application development" OR "Apple Disk Transfer" Developer*" OR ADTPro Developer* OR "Dalton Disk Desintegrator Developer*" OR AND "web portal development*" OR "Personal portals Developer*" OR "Corporate web portals developer*" OR "Domain-specific portals Developer*" AND "web architecture based on LAMP" OR "Linux Aproche MySQL PHP/Perl/Python Developer*" OR "database management system Developer*" OR "developer* lamp ajax c "c++" AND "Asynchronous JavaScript Developer*" OR "Ajax Developer")) AND Reston, VA OR 77.OR 35144 OR38.935007 OR 28381 OR 0.004587



Regards,
Mudassir
I don't like this search. Narrowing it down by something as specific as a job title will also limit your results. You need to capture everybody who has this experience, not to mention google only allows 32 search terms, so this string is too big to begin with. On another note, I don't understand the significance of "doc:resume OR cv." use inurl:resume OR intitle:resume etc. That will return pdfs, docs, etc. including people's resumes who are posted on the web.

Shaikh Mudassir Nawaz said:
Hi Karen,

Try this Search String

Doc:Resume OR CV AND (("software application development" OR "Apple Disk Transfer" Developer*" OR ADTPro Developer* OR "Dalton Disk Desintegrator Developer*" OR AND "web portal development*" OR "Personal portals Developer*" OR "Corporate web portals developer*" OR "Domain-specific portals Developer*" AND "web architecture based on LAMP" OR "Linux Aproche MySQL PHP/Perl/Python Developer*" OR "database management system Developer*" OR "developer* lamp ajax c "c++" AND "Asynchronous JavaScript Developer*" OR "Ajax Developer")) AND Reston, VA OR 77.OR 35144 OR38.935007 OR 28381 OR 0.004587



Regards,
Mudassir
Right, but as you originally stated, you used "LAMP," but not SQL since LAMP includes it. Do all results have to have Linux, Apache, SQL, MySQL, PHP, Perl, AND Python? As you can see by my string, the results will return results that have Linux AND Apache AND (SQL OR MySQL) AND (PHP OR Perl OR Python). Any results you get with this, you can filter yourself to find the results you need.

gary cozin said:
Good point, Peter - however, based on the specs she gave, it shows they must have 'all' the requirements - therefore I usually suggest 'playing' around with the key words - she can have them all strung out as you indicated w/o the 'OR's if she needs all of them-

Peter Henkle said:
only searching for LAMP in your string will dramatically limit your results, as many technical professionals may not list LAMP in place of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP/Perl/Python. In my opinion, you should search for:

LAMP OR (Linux Apache MySQL OR SQL PHP OR Perl OR Python)

Karen Sadowski said:
gary cozin said:
Karen-

Quite a few requirements! You may want to relax the requirements. I used the following string and it did bring back about 5 results. I didn't include SQL since LAMP includes it ( LAMP = Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python)

site:www.linkedin.com developer lamp ajax c "c++" "washington D.C. metro area" -intitle:directory -inurl:updates -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers

You should be able to network for more from the results if you need to-

Hope this helps-

Gary
Hi Peter,

Thanks as m new in this arena i have to learn lot of things..

once again thanks

Regards
Shaikh Mduassir Nawaz
Paul, I like your sring. It's for Seattle, Wa. and showed some results. I need someone in Northern Virginia. I liked the way you included the zip codes. I have tried to find these codes on the internet and at the post office. It would be nice to have zip codes that include the surrounding area of Reston, Va. How would I go about finding them? Karen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

Profile IconChris Martel and Ivonne Mondragon are attending Irina Shamaeva's event
Thumbnail

Six-Day Sourcing Bootcamp with Irina Shamaeva - March 7-16, 2023 at virtual

March 7, 2023 at 8am to March 16, 2023 at 9pm
8 hours ago
Irina Shamaeva posted an event
Thumbnail

Six-Day Sourcing Bootcamp with Irina Shamaeva - March 7-16, 2023 at virtual

March 7, 2023 at 8am to March 16, 2023 at 9pm
17 hours ago
Albert Marshall is now a member of Boolean Strings Network
Jan 13
Profile IconNevena Jovanovic, Judy Neely and Christine Bruger are attending Irina Shamaeva's event
Thumbnail

LinkedIn Solved Two-Part Class at virtual

January 11, 2023 from 8am to 9am
Jan 10

© 2023   Created by Irina Shamaeva.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service