Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

Search string for an Antenna Systems Engineer in the MA area

Is the following string correct for searching an Antenna Systems Engineer with Aerospace background in the Boston area?
>
> (inurl:resume | intitle: resume) "antenna systems engineer" country:"united states" Boston area radius:100 (Aerospace | aircraft) -jobs -jobs
>
> How do I add the following to this string? antenna design ,subsystems design, radar systems, DOD security clearance?
>
> Your help is much appreciated?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John-

Pretty tough requirements!

I believe the title "antenna systems engineer" is very rare which is why there may be very few around! However, I think your string is combining 'hard coding' for people searches on LinkedIN with resume searches on Google. Your commands for country:"united states" and radius:100 area commands you can use directly in LinkedIN- check out the way to code this at: http://learn.linkedin.com/linkedin-search/

I had to 'relax your search by using the following command in GOOGLE for linkedin profiles & got some good results- I chose to use Google for LinkedIN profiles as I received more hits then using (inurl:resume | intitle:resume) or ~resume commands for general resumes on Google:

This is the string I was most successful with:

site:www.linkedin.com "systems engineer" ("antenna design" | "subsystems design" | "radar systems") (aerospace | aviation) "greater boston area" -intitle:directory -inurl:updates -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers

If you take off (aerospace | aviation) you get more as above, but with that you get very few but targeted results.

If you need DOD clearance, you can add those words to the string- but when I tried it didn't get any-

Best bet may be to 'play' around with the titles & key words-

Hope this helps a bit!

Gary
Gary,
Thanks for the string . I cut and paste the entire string on Google with no results. I didn't see any resumes. Am I doing something wrong?

John
post the string on this site exactly as you cut and pasted it into google so we can see what the issue is. Yes...you are doing something wrong.

JTS
site:www.linkedin.com "systems engineer" ("antenna design" | "subsystems design" | "radar systems") (aerospace | aviation) "greater boston area" -intitle:directory -inurl:updates -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers
John-

When you cut/paste the string into Google, Google usually inserts a space after site: . There should be NO space after the site: command-

Take a look after you cut/paste it- it should read site:www without a space after site - remove the space if it inserts it-

Gary

John Toungaian said:
Gary,
Thanks for the string . I cut and paste the entire string on Google with no results. I didn't see any resumes. Am I doing something wrong?

John

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

Casey Christensen is now a member of Boolean Strings Network
13 hours ago
Milos Rokvic is attending Theresa Cromie's event
Thumbnail

Three-Day Tech Sourcing Bootcamp at Online

March 26, 2024 from 8am to 9am
Mar 21