Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

Happy Monday ! : )...

I'm doing a Google search on the site: stackoverflow.com. I'm getting thousands of search results but the ones I can see are only limited to about 10 pages and on another search I was given a very high # of search results also and can only see 2 pages of results.. Any way for me to be able to be able to see more of these results??

thanks! 

Dawn 

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dawn,

Google only allows you to see the 1st 1,000 results regardless of how many pages it gives you. 

thanks for your reply... 

the 1st thousand? It's only showing me 100? 

Dawn,

When it comes to Google, WYSIWYG - the SERPs it shows are all there is, for that query.

If you do a search, and you see "About 2,437 results" or something like this, then go to page 2 and see "showing 101-147 of 300 results" at the top?

There are really only 147 results (unless you have forgotten to look for, and click if it is there, the link "repeat the search with the omitted results included", in which case there might be a few more).

Google's estimated results are terrible on the first page, and not 100% reliable ever.

If you want to know how many results there really are, you are basically reduced to counting them.

-Dave

thanks!!!! really appreciate the clarification 

Dave Galley said:

Dawn,

When it comes to Google, WYSIWYG - the SERPs it shows are all there is, for that query.

If you do a search, and you see "About 2,437 results" or something like this, then go to page 2 and see "showing 101-147 of 300 results" at the top?

There are really only 147 results (unless you have forgotten to look for, and click if it is there, the link "repeat the search with the omitted results included", in which case there might be a few more).

Google's estimated results are terrible on the first page, and not 100% reliable ever.

If you want to know how many results there really are, you are basically reduced to counting them.

-Dave

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

James Hatheway is now a member of Boolean Strings Network
Tuesday
Irina Shamaeva posted events
Monday
J updated their profile
Monday
Profile IconDavid Burgin and Shimon might attend Theresa Cromie's event