Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

I need some assistance with string searches that I have created but would like to tighten up. Below are the skill sets needed for this position…..

Home Health Director of Rehabilitation Services
Field experience in medicare-certified Home care
Clinical and strategic management of the home health rehabilitation services program
Physical Therapist licensed in California

My challenge: The string searches are targeting people outside the state of California along with professors in academia. Here are the string searches that I have been using…..

(intitle:resume OR inurl:resume OR intitle:cv OR inurl:cv OR intitle:vitae OR inurl:vitae) "Home health care" (director of rehabilitation) (CA OR "California") -jobs

(intitle:resume OR inurl:resume OR intitle:vitae OR inurl:vitae OR intitle:cv OR inurl:cv OR intitle:homepage OR inurl:homepage) (Director of Rehabilitation) (certified home care) (ca OR California) 805 OR 510 OR 415 OR 650 –jobs

Am I using the right words? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Views: 55

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Biljana:

I believe you have a lot of criteria that will yield very few results since not many people will have 'all' those criteria. Also, "certified home care" I wasn't able to find, so you can try different words or "home health", etc- but all phrases should be in quotes-

Here are a couple of strings that yielded results that you can substitute key words for & keep refining until you get closer:

In GOOGLE, copy:

site:www.linkedin.com ("Director of Rehabilitation" | "rehabilitation director") "physical therapist" "san francisco bay area" –intitle:directory -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers -inurl:updates

site:www.linkedin.com ("Director of Rehabilitation" | "rehabilitation director") "home health" "san francisco bay area" –intitle:directory -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers -inurl:updates

Hope his helps!
Thanks for your help, Gary! How can I refine the search more specific to resumes instead of Linkedin? I added my criteria, i.e. (intitle:resume OR inurl:resume, etc) prior to adding your information and I did not get any hits. Looks like a refresher course in string searches are needed :) I recently started using strings again and its been awhile. Any suggestions on workshops?

gary cozin said:
Biljana:

I believe you have a lot of criteria that will yield very few results since not many people will have 'all' those criteria. Also, "certified home care" I wasn't able to find, so you can try different words or "home health", etc- but all phrases should be in quotes-

Here are a couple of strings that yielded results that you can substitute key words for & keep refining until you get closer:

In GOOGLE, copy:

site:www.linkedin.com ("Director of Rehabilitation" | "rehabilitation director") "physical therapist" "san francisco bay area" –intitle:directory -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers -inurl:updates

site:www.linkedin.com ("Director of Rehabilitation" | "rehabilitation director") "home health" "san francisco bay area" –intitle:directory -inurl:jobid -inurl:find -inurl:answers -inurl:updates

Hope his helps!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Irina Shamaeva.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service