Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

If you consider yourself a "beginner" in Internet sourcing and want to get going, what do you see as the main difficulties/challenges?
Is it:
* Boolean logic of the strings?
* difficulty with using search engine advanced operators?
* not being able to get the right results with seemingly good strings?
* too much info/manuals/cheatsheets to go through before you can even begin?

(your answer?)

Thanks,
Irina

Views: 775

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My difficulty seems to be the Boolean logic of the strings. I can do basic strings, but find it hard to understand much of the logic, yet I am a very logical person.
I have been given several strings to work with, but can't seem to get the right result with these.
I think I need to spend more time on this to make it work.
I would say no. 4 - devoting time to going through all the information available is a task in itself and we're stuggling to find time for it to be honest.
All of the above. I have never put together a string that worked!
Number 3 seems to be the most difficult when searching various sites to obtain resumes with the right combination of skill sets that I am searching for.
I am also not a beginner and I've been pretty successful sourcing information using Google. However, I know there's a lot more information that could be available to me if I was more skilled at boolean strings. For me #4 is the most troublesome.
I am a full cycle recruiter. I develop the client, source and develop the candidates and close the deals. I don't have time to read and absorb all the information that is available. I have tried to organize the information but I haven't come up with an efficient method to retrieve it quickly when it's needed.
When you start your Boolean Search Strings it is always the2nd, 3rd and 4th. You still feel that you need more info. Where to search and not get lost and loose your focus. It is better to start with few sites and experiment with those.
I am interested in getting a good, solid foundation of the process.
I would say all of the above are a source of frustration for me. Any suggestions or cheat sheets etc. would be very much appreciated!
too much info...
Thanks a lot for the replies! It would be great to hear more.
I have posted some notes on the topic HERE.
Hi Irina,

For me the problem is with 1,2 and 3.....
I find it very difficult to search in google as well

Smitha
I too am not totally a beginner, but the toughest challenge for me is "not being able to get the right results with seemingly good strings". Also when and what different strings do you use to search Yahoo vs Google? This is a wonderful network and has really helped me so far. Thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

© 2024   Created by Irina Shamaeva.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service