Boolean Strings Network

The Internet Sourcing Community

Think before you search - it's the most critical step in creating Boolean strings

When I was performing some research for a post on LinkedIn's search functionality, I noticed a couple of things in the video of Esteban Kozak searching for Lucene Open Source Engineers and I realized it would make for a perfect example of demonstrating the importance of the Cardinal Rule of E-Sourcing - which states that for every term you are thinking of including in your search, #1 Consider whether or not everyone would say it, and #2 Consider how many ways it can be expressed.

Watch how following this simple rule can literally uncover hundreds of new, previously "unfindable" candidates on LinkedIn:

http://www.booleanblackbelt.com/2009/07/the-cardinal-rule-of-e-sour...

Views: 228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Glen,
Another master stroke from you!! Really a useful post and gave me a deep insight into my own Boolean practice. Though I was aware of the NOT functionality on LI in the keywords and the Title as well, but eliminating the NOT SO USEFUL profiles, the way you explained was too good.
I am enjoying to be a member of this network and it is working for me!!!!!!

Thanks
MG

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Latest Activity

Bella Thomas posted a discussion
6 hours ago
Profile IconMiguel Ledo, Ola Swiatkowska, Carina and 5 more joined Boolean Strings Network
11 hours ago
Nina Kappler shared a profile on Facebook
13 hours ago
Nina Kappler updated their profile
13 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Irina Shamaeva.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service